Here is your weekly collection of articles, events, and resources from Career Services & Professional Development to keep you informed about topics of interest to the Engineering Master’s student community. Find Timely Tips for Your Success on Tuesdays and remember to connect with us on MS Teams for the latest news in between.
Wednesday is Duke’s Career Day!
Job & Internship Search Advice
- Follow Up After Events: When recruitment events are over, follow up is often on the brain. Follow up is an important process of building professional relationships because it helps continue a connection that began at an event
- Following Up is the Most Critical Part of Your Outreach: Remember that others generally like to get messages that show they’ve made an impact on others and that they are remembered.
- Tool Spotlight- Ask a Blue Devil: It’s a a simple and smart tool to help you get the help you need! Complete a simple form on the Duke or Pratt-specific site and Ask A Blue Devil will connect you with the best Duke alumni experts who can help you with advice and introductions.
- Acing the Data Science Interview! – Tips from Filipe Almeada an ML Engineer at NuBank
- 1:1 time with companies at Duke’s virtual fair: To get updates about companies and when 1:1 slots for Duke Virtual TechConnect and Career Fair will open, you need to register for the fair AND follow the company on Handshake.
Professional Development & Events
- NC Neurodiversity Career Summit | Friday, October 28 | 10 AM to 2 PM
The virtual 2022 NC Neurodiversity College Career Summit connects NC college students pursuing degree-related (paid) internships and full-time opportunities with employers who are seeking to establish or maintain work environments supporting neurodiversity. The event includes both an informational panel session as well as opportunities for students to engage with employers regarding interests and opportunities.
- Lenovo resume/cover letter workshop | Thursday, September 29 | 5:30 to 6:30 PM
This is your opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of Resume’s and Networking! From Cover Letters, to applying, all the way to Interviewing, this session will be for you to get advice from early-career professionals and the University Recruiting Team!
- Did you miss last week’s Quinncia webinar? Here’s the recording to catch up.