Here is your weekly collection of articles, events, and resources from Career Services & Professional Development to keep you informed about topics of interest to the Engineering Master’s student community. Find Timely Tips for Your Success on Tuesdays and remember to connect with us on MS Teams for the latest news in between.
Job & Internship Search Advice
- Bring Breath & Compassion to Your Interview for Success: Use these simple techniques to calm your nerves.
- Landed an interview? Ask what to expect so you can prepare smartly: These simple tips will help you be confident and skillful for your next interview.
- Tool Spotlight – Big Interview: This tool shines for screening and behavioral interview preparation. Learn using the educational modules and then use the video tool to practice your responses.
- Tool Spotlight – Exponent: This is an online interview platform to help Engineering Master’s students land their tech career in product management, engineering management, software development, data science, and more.
- Acing the Data Science Interview! – Tips from Filipe Almeada at ML Engineer at NuBank
Professional Development & Events
- Duke Virtual Fall Career Fair and Tech Connect | Wednesday, September 28 | 2-6 PM
- Lenovo Resume/Cover Letter Workshop | Thursday, September 29 | 5:30 to 6:30 PM
This is your opportunity to learn the ins-and-outs of Resume’s and Networking! From Cover Letters, to applying, all the way to Interviewing, this session will be for you to get advice from early-career professionals and the University Recruiting Team!
- NC Neurodiversity Career Summit | Friday, October 28 | 10 AM to 2 PM
- The virtual 2022 NC Neurodiversity College Career Summit connects NC college students pursuing degree-related (paid) internships and full-time opportunities with employers who are seeking to establish or maintain work environments supporting neurodiversity. The event includes both an informational panel session as well as opportunities for students to engage with employers regarding interests and opportunities.