Get to know the Career Coaches
Hello! We are hopeful that you have already met a career coach during orientation, workshops, seminars, or classes. We’re also available to meet you individually for all of your unique needs. Our services are free and we encourage to meet with us several times while you’re exploring professional paths and searching for internships and jobs.
There are three main ways to meet with a coach:
- Chat us in Microsoft Teams for quick questions.
- Attend EMP Career Coach Online Office Hours for advice and feedback most weekdays while classes are in session.
- Schedule an appointment in Handshake for any career or professional development topic, including practice interviews and career exploration.
- To get started, search any of the coaches listed on this page in Duke’s MS Teams directory and send your note.Pro Tip: Ask questions that could easily be answered in ten minutes or less. Bigger questions and document feedback are best for Office Hours and Appointments, with details below.Duke MS Teams
If you’re unfamiliar with MS Teams, use these:
- Use this service if you’d like to have an individual conversation with a career coach about any topic. No appointment is needed and the conversation length will vary based on the number of students waiting.Online Office Hours
most weekdays when classes are in session
https://waitwhile.com/welcome/officehoursPro Tip: Check for cancellations and schedule adjustments using the Career Services and Professional Development events calendar or use the “EMP Career Coach Alerts” channel in MS Teams to see if Online Office Hours are currently available. We’ll post an alert in Teams when we open and delete it when we close.
- Appointments are popular with students who want to plan their schedule or get to know a coach and work through a topic using several meetings. The benefit to an appointment over office hours is that you can schedule in advance knowing you get 30 minutes of focused attentionhttps://duke.joinhandshake.com/loginPro tip: Use appointments to meet in-person, if that is your preference.
*If you’re unfamiliar with scheduling an appointment using the Handshake platform and are stuck, use this.*