Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to these questions and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
This role is a 12 week internship to join AR full time (40 hours/week) in North Reading, MA from May – August 2023.
Amazon Robotics Sensor team is seeking a talented and motivated electrical engineering student to assist with camera and sensor evaluation and development. The ideal candidate will have had experience with and interest in image sensors, and common electrical interfaces, optics, testing, and data processing techniques. They will be interested in learning about new technologies.
The Sensor Electrical Engineer Intern will be responsible for:
- Assisting a multi-discipline team of engineers in the research, evaluation, design, prototyping, building, and testing of sensor products.
- Documenting research, creating test plans and test reports for sensors being evaluated.
- Creating Python scripts to assist in test automation and data post processing.
- Participating in schematic capture, PCB design, component selection and creation.
- Assisting debug, board bring-up and root-cause analysis.
- Currently working towards a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering (or similar field) and must have at least one semester of school left to complete after the end of the internship
- Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) role from May – August 2023.
- Classroom and project experience in electrical, firmware, and/or system level design
- Python coding experience
- Commitment to rigorous testing practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to research and learn new technologies
- Prior internship or co-op experience in a similar field
- Experience with image sensors is a plus, including but not limited to camera, stereo camera, time-of-flight sensor, Radar, and Lidar.
- Experience in creating System or PCB Block diagrams, schematic capture, PCB layout.
- Familiarity with electrical interfaces such as, I2C, SPI, CSI-2, Ethernet.
- Familiarity with mechanical CAD tools.
- Familiar with Oscilloscopes, basic soldering techniques, and electrical debugging.
- Able to work independently and collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Comfortable working under deadlines.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.