Work with St. Louis-based social startup Generopolis from October 2022-May 2023. Position is paid and hours are flexible, so long as candidate is available for a minimum of 5 hours per week during school year. Candidates who would like to apply should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generopolis is a social startup founded in St. Louis, MO by a team with a vision to strengthen the bottom line for local businesses and nonprofits. We believe that generosity is a virtuous cycle, and our results prove the adage clearly: when you give, you get.
Leveraging innovation, marketing, branding and PR expertise developed at Fortune-50 companies like General Mills and Express Scripts, we teach local businesses how to harness “next generation giving” to create a triple win – local business sales grow measurably, customers get a great deal and nonprofits receive much-needed cash to carry out their important missions.
Generopolis is free to local businesses, nonprofits and customers. Every time a customer scans a Generopolis QR code to unlock a deal at one of our partner businesses, Generopolis handles all administrative details of the transaction. We process the donation the customer has made to the chosen nonprofit, retaining a small administrative fee. To ensure strong, long-lasting connections, local businesses and the nonprofit partners they have chosen to support both receive donor records, including email and/or mailing address information.
About the Position:
This is a business development and marketing position that will offer you a deep branding, social media and business analytics skillset while allowing you to build bridges with organizations and businesses on and around campus, as well as with national nonprofit organizations and interns from other parts of the U.S. A successful applicant is connected to and able to form relationships with organizations that conduct charity or fundraising work of some kind. This may include sororities, fraternities, philanthropic clubs or other nonprofit advocacy groups in your community.
- Must have a personal connection to the company’s cause-oriented mission and be motivated to work with local businesses and nonprofit causes
- Must be willing to fulfill total internship commitment of a full school year (totally flexible hours, average 5 hours per week), which we have found works to the highest benefit of both student interns and Generopolis. During the school year, you will work remotely from your on- or off-campus locations of choice;
- Must be creative and flexible, as startup work changes quickly and needs evolve over time
- Must be a problem-solver and take initiative to offer potential solutions to team vs. wait to be told exactly what to do and how to do it
- Must be coachable, willing to learn specific marketing tool sets, and in some cases, self-teach/self-research
Preferred, but not required:
- History of involvement in student clubs or organizations with charitable/fundraising component
- Social media marketing experience
- History of volunteering and/or working with charities
This intern role will have the following responsibilities:
· Nonprofit outreach and education: Cultivate relationships with area nonprofits and/or student groups fundraising on behalf of nonprofits. Educate groups about Generopolis and help them with onboarding.
· Local Business Relationship-Building: Help nonprofits/student/community groups onboard local business partners. Work with them to successfully leverage the suite of Generopolis tools to maximize their success.
· Social media content creation: Create content for Generopolis social media using case studies and success stories. Write and publish blog posts.
· Data Analysis: Collect and analyze data/feedback from user groups and businesses that can inform future Generopolis strategy and product suite.
- Gain insider experience on life inside an early-stage startup run by experienced Fortune-50 veterans.
- Receive 1:1 mentoring, support, and referrals from highly networked founder.
- Enjoy public acknowledgement and recognition as part of Generopolis marketing and PR activities.
- Strengthen real-world business skills and gain confidence and poise through client-facing exposure opportunities.
- Work flexible hours and in flexible locations; Ability to work from campus, home, and/or experience the buzz and networking events inside area startup incubators.
· Compensation ranges from $10,000-$20,000 for the school year depending on hours/level of commitment.