KVII/KVIH has an immediate opening for a dedicated, experienced, and motivated Assistant News Director. The ideal candidate will oversee production of newscasts, digital and social content. Our mission is to produce impactful stories with a distinctive focus on accountability reporting.
We are looking for an energetic Assistant News Director for our news team. The ideal candidate will oversee production of newscasts and online content. You will work closely with the other producers, reporters, anchors and newsroom managers on daily news coverage. The ideal candidate must be proficient in creative writing, copy editing, enterprising stories and be committed to managing compelling newscasts. You must be able to multi-task and have an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also work with the news director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further the brand of each station’s news programs. Our winning candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Assistant News Director will lead by example.
- Oversee newscasts, script reviews of producers and reporters for assigned newscasts
- Aggressively lead breaking news and severe weather coverage
- Work Closely with news director to carry out news philosophy and direction
- Help news director focus on alerting, protecting and empowering our viewers
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliancy
- Oversee Special projects
- Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field
- Sharp video editing skills
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Exceptional written communication skills using a conversational writing style
- Ability to plan and adjust personnel during breaking news
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Experience with iNews, AVID and Xpression a plus
- Experience as a news manager a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Sinclair Broadcast Group