TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is an engineering consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
TRC is seeking an Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) intern to join TRC ‘s ESG Advisory Services and Climate Solutions team. TRC is a well-recognized and branded advisory services team that is growing with strong key client relationships in corporate strategies, private equity firms, investment banks, and law firms across the globe. The candidate joins other subject matter experts at TRC in executing ESG, Climate Change, Greenhouse Gas (GHG) and Sustainability projects for clients in Chemical, Oil and Gas, Real Estate, Manufacturing and Private Equity firms.
TRC is looking for a self-motivated individual who is enthusiastic about their work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of project managers and team leaders to implement ESG advisory services and develop proposals. Anticipated duration will be from June through August 2023 (flexible). This is a paid, full-time position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Conduct ESG materiality assessments and assist with Sustainability reports;
- Support various project tasks related to the development and implementation of successful sustainability, ESG, and GHG strategy and management programs.
- Collect, validate, calculate, and aggregate ESG data for reporting;
- Conduct audits of ESG related policies, programs and certificates;
- Conduct research and peer benchmarking to support strategic planning, goal setting to facilitate conversations with stakeholders;
- Complete and manage ESG indicators and metrics, and interact with ESG software partners;
- Assist with CDP climate change, water, and/or forest disclosures;
- Contribute and enhance our team’s current knowledge of ESG;
- Build relationships across TRC sectors and business units to identify ESG/GHG/Sustainability opportunities; and
- Be committed to TRC’s quality and safety goals.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Climate Science, or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to lead complex projects.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Solid technical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with TRC Market Directors, managers, and technical specialists to conduct business development, design and implement projects, and support TRC’s plans for regional and national growth.
- Ability to effectively manage changing priorities to ensure client and internal needs are being met in a timely manner.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.