The Minority Opportunities Athletic Association (MOAA) provides opportunities to exchange ideas, advocate increased participation and administrative opportunities for minorities in athletics. The MOAA also promotes generating a sports culture that supports the values necessary to teach and learn respect for self and others.
The Association is guided by six principles:
- Promote the ideals of diversity, integrity, sportsmanship and teamwork among the organizations and individuals that participate in athletics.
- Provide member services that address the needs of minorities professionally, emotionally, financially and physically in athletics.
- Encourage members to serve as community outreach agents who promote moral, ethical and educational values.
- Enlighten the general public, media, institutional educators and athletics administrators about the benefits of athletics participation.
- Work with the legislative arms of athletics governance groups on issues that affect minority participation.
- Develop the Association into a financially and structurally sustainable entity.