Hollywood Diversity Report 2020: Television
Diversity improves among TV actors, but executives still overwhelmingly white and male
- UCLA Hollywood Diversity Report suggests the industry must do more to meet the moment
- An analysis by researchers at the UCLA College found that women hold only 32.0% of studio chair and CEO jobs; minorities just 8.0%.
- Across broadcast, cable and digital, only 24.0% of credited writers are minorities and only 21.8% of episodes were directed by minorities in 2018–19.
- Representation of women and minorities in acting roles has improved since last year’s report.
- Ratings and social media engagement data show that audiences respond to diversity.