Take the next step on your career journey: see what’s out there, and explore your options.
Here, find curated information on the following topics:
- Explore Your Interests / Self Assessment
- Find an Internship
- Search for a Job / Employer
- Build My Network, and
- General Professional Development
Or, visit communities for any of these topics directly:
Answer these questions on your own, or discuss with an advisor.
- What activities make you lose track of time? Do those activities relate to a career of interest?
- What are the priorities guiding your search? (see Know Yourself)
- How do you prefer to research topics? Can you apply those methods to this exploration process?
- What are you learning through your career research and how are you applying that knowledge?
- How are you deciding what you want to continue pursuing and what is no longer of interest–considering your research?
- Attend events hosted by the Career Center, other departments at Duke or by other institutions.
- Attend employer-hosted and student organization events that allow you to learn more about an industry or company.
- Conduct informational interviews with professionals in careers you are exploring using the Duke Alumni Directory, LinkedIn, the Networking Guide, DEMAN.
- Research/subscribe/follow professional associations and professionals in industries of interest online, including social media and newsletters, to gain ongoing knowledge within the field.
- Explore career areas through What Can I Do With This Major? and Courses and Guides below.