Use additional methods
Conducting targeted outreach and submitting online applications are the two most common ways Engineering Master’s Students have landed interviews. But, there are additional methods that students have found to be successful.
- Write and engage with online articles, postings, or projects through LinkedIn, Github, professional engineering chapters, and more!
- Join Professional Student Organizations to learn about roles through organic networking.
- Post a cyber-safe version of your resume on job boards or online portals like Indeed so that employers can reach out to you. If you post your resume online, make a cyber-safe version in order to protect your privacy and avoid scams. Jobhunt.org shares a useful article called Protect Yourself (and Your Job) with a Cyber-Safe Resume and this is a good place to start.
- Create and maintain an intentional Professional Brand. Check out the Personal Branding Steps and Resources, a guide and worksheet created by one of our career coaches.
- Consider using a staffing agency to learn about possible opportunities.