Sample Interview Questions
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What are your strengths?
3. Give me an example of a time when you showed initiative or leadership.
4. Can you give me an example of a time you were able to identify a small problem and fix it before it became a major problem?
5. Give me an example of a time you were most proud of your own work.
6. Tell me about a time you were working on a project or task and it did not go as planned, what did you learn from it?
7. Describe a specific situation in which you had difficulty getting along with peers, team members, or others at work. How did you handle the situation?
8. Tell me about a time you had to do something differently than you expected, planned, or usually do. What was it? What did you do?
9. How do you decide what gets top priority when scheduling your time?
10. Tell me about a time you failed at a project or task.
11. How do you cope with stress?
12. Tell me about your experience working with people who have different backgrounds than you.
13. We all have strengths and challenges, what would you say is one of your challenges?
14. Give me an example of a time when you effectively used presentation skills.
15. How would your previous supervisors, group members, or professors describe you?
16. How have you brought a group together to solve a problem?
17. Have you ever had to deal with irate customers? Give an example and explain how you reacted.
18. What is missing from your resume that you’d like me to know about? 19. Why should we select you over other applicants?