Self Awareness for Career Exploration
This is a tool to take into account areas where your self-awareness can assist in decision making and goal setting for your career readiness.
Interests, Likes and Dislikes
- What are you curious about?
- What problems or issues are you interested in working with?
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What have you experienced so far that you did not like?
- What is important to you in how you live your life?
- What are your guiding principles?
- What is something about yourself you never want to change?
- How would you describe your personality?
- What do you do well and excel in? What are your strengths?
- What is it like to work with you on something?
Experience and Bias
- When do you feel resistant to learning new things?
- How would you describe your circle of friends, mentors, and colleagues? Does your circle represent diverse perspectives and lived experiences?
- What assumptions have you made about someone that were not true? How do you combat assumptions in the future?
- How will you expose yourself to new experiences and perspectives?
- What skills would you say you possess? Out of those skills which ones do you most enjoy using?
- What skills do you want to gain?
- What do you do that energizes you? Depletes you?
- When have you felt highly engaged in something or lost track of time because you were so deeply engrossed?
- What does stress look like for you?
- When are you most uncomfortable?
- How do you manage stress?
- Why do you work?
- What defines good, worthwhile work?
- What would be your ideal work environment?
- What role do you want work to have in your life?
- What areas in your life do you have a mindset where you are open to learning and adapting?
- What areas of your live do you feel that you can’t or don’t need to change?
- How have you made decisions in the past?
- What factors do you take into consideration when making decision?
Managing Transitions, Risk Aversion
- How do you handle change?
- What is crucial for you in adapting new plans?
- How likely are you to try new things and be open to new opportunities?
- How do you manage setbacks?
Purpose, Mission and Vision
- What is important to you? What is your why?
- What drives you?
- How will you get to where you want to be?
- What impact do you want to make?